Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ponstel Oral.

3/16/2011 5:57:40 PM

Reviewer: Sheila, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My menstrual camps have always been bad and now they are intensifying due to the endometriosis. The cramps have gotten so bad, I'm awakened out of a sound sleep in pain. My OB/GYN prescribed 1 tablet of ponstel 250 mg and 1/2 tablet of Hydrocodone for the severe camps. Now, the pain is goine and I sleep like a baby. Thank you Dr. Henry!

2/14/2011 7:43:35 AM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I absolutely hate this drug more than anything. I am 17 and have had bad cramps since I was 11. Ponstel did nothing for me except cause extreme nausea and loss of sleep. It costs like 120 each time I get my subscription refilled and that's not counting the 200 extra my insurance pays. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone...stick with advil or try birth control.

1/30/2011 8:56:12 AM

Reviewer: TLS, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
After having kids, my periods became very heavy to the point that I was passing clots and the cramps were making me disfunctional. I would have stomach upset and was so fatigued it was difficult for me to work and/or take care of my kids. I went to see my dr and discussed options (not interested in the pill) and he prescribed this. I noticed a major difference the first cycle while taking this ... Show Full Comment

12/12/2010 6:45:59 PM

Reviewer: TorE33, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this medication because whenever I get my period I get so sick that it is like I have the stomach bug. It caused me to not be able to focus in school and it hurt my social life. Now that I take this medicine, I do not feel sick at all. It has been a life saver and I would recommend it to anyone who has painful periods. I have never had a side effect to it either. I no longer have ... Show Full Comment

12/3/2010 7:03:28 PM

Reviewer: jUliA_510, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I followed the instructions and everything yet my pain doesn't go away it feels like it's getting worse or i need something stronger.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.