Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lovastatin Oral.

1/31/2008 4:26:12 PM

Reviewer: Bev, 65-74 Male (Caregiver)

Comment:
My husband had no side effects from Lipitor, but when he switched to 20 mg of Lovastatin he had episodes of dizziness and lightheadedness.

1/26/2008 10:20:31 AM

Reviewer: ed89508, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After my very expensive insurance denied my prescription for Lipitor my doctor prescribed Lovastatin. I got this at Wal-Mart for $4 and it is working great. I have not had one single issue with the drug. It has only been three weeks so I haven't had a recheck of my levels yet but with the new diet and this med I am confident my levels will be down next time. I am a 40 year old male who suffer ... Show Full Comment

1/23/2008 8:35:03 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I recently switched from Crestor to Lovastatin mostly due it's MUCH cheaper and i am on a fixed income. I was on Crestor for aprox 4 years. I noticed just 2 weeks into taking the Lovastatin that i was having severe muscle pain in my right upper arm. After 5 days of using medicated heat pads and massages i started questioning what had i done recently to have caused such pain. Then i realized th ... Show Full Comment

12/31/2007 2:52:43 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking 10mg of Lovastatin daily for three years now. It has done a terrific job in lowering my cholesterol. I have experienced no side effects. As a generic drug it is less expensive and is effective for me.

12/7/2007 1:47:27 PM

Reviewer: What?, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I suffer mental health problems and lovastatin caused me to experience suicidal depression within one day of taking 40mg daily. Obviously I stopped taking it. User, beware!