Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of naproxen sodium Oral.

6/4/2010 8:09:50 PM

Reviewer: Carol, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I had pleurisy and the MD prescribed naproxen SOD 550 mg taken twice a day. within 2 refills the pain was gone. I was very satisfied.

11/24/2009 8:42:14 PM

Reviewer: sunnidayrain, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have stage 4 endometriosis and have servere cramping with my periods. Naproxen is the ONLY OTC pain reliever that relieves my servere pain. Tylenol and IBprofen I have to take so many to work for my cramps that it upsets my stomach and doesnt work nearly as well as naproxen. I had a RX for 500mg naproxen 2 times per day as needed for my endometriosis but I can take 2 220mg OTC naproxen 2 x per ... Show Full Comment

11/23/2009 9:40:46 AM

Reviewer: Willards, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The package labeling does not significantly warn about potential vision problems or what they might be. After following the dosing instructions, I started noticing "lightning flashes," large black spots and blurred vision. I sought immediate medical attention from an opthalmic surgeon, who had done cataract surgery on my eye and now suspected a tear or detachment. Although he did not fin ... Show Full Comment

9/30/2009 7:51:35 PM

Reviewer: LinDffy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Taking more than directions say and it still does not alleviate the pain, but makes my stomach burn if I use more than 4 per day over several days. I do take it with food.

8/7/2009 8:06:15 AM

Reviewer: twwright, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
for the herniated disk, they gave me this, I had to take up to 5 a day to feel any effect,and that effect was not good..