Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of clonidine HCl oral.

10/13/2008 3:59:24 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    This is the 6th medication for blood pressure I've taken without allergic reaction. I noticed that as soon as I take clonodine, my heart beats fast and I get dizzy but worse of all my pressure goes extremely high. I had my kidneys checked and they're ok. Could I be allergic to clonodine also? P.S. I also take spironolactone with it.

10/8/2008 2:17:56 AM

Reviewer: MsEdwards, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking Clonidine 0.2 mg three times a day. I attend college full time as well as work 25-32 hours a week. I thought it was my hectic schedule and my 5 hours of sleep that was making me so sleepy during the day until I started monitoring myself after I took my meds. I have noticed that i instantly get sleepy about 25 min after taking the meds. THis is not good for me since I have suc ... Show Full Comment

10/5/2008 10:45:20 AM

Reviewer: stthomasdude, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Severe dry mouth and low energy, increase erection problem.

9/24/2008 9:49:22 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male (Patient)

Comment:
    The drug has worked to bring my blood pressure dow, however the major side effects of major drowsiness and extremely dry mouth have been somewhat of a problem.

9/9/2008 12:27:28 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
    My doctor prescribed Clonidine at first for 1.mg 3 x per day along with two other meds. Clonidine has maken me sick and irritable. I get extremely nervous and anxious if I do not take. It also makes me weak and lethargic. The doctor has just increased my clonidine dose to 4mg. This medicine is too strong for me and I feel like crap all day long. I will be asking the doctor to help me find an ... Show Full Comment