Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Glucotrol Oral.

9/6/2014 1:00:17 AM

Reviewer: Nancy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Over the past 4 years I have been taking Glipizide/glucotrol I have developed a terrible reaction to sun. It has gotten worse over the past year. 15 minutes of direct or indirect sun and I begin to itch, hives/welts appear, skin turns red...even through my clothes. The screen and antihistamines don't work. The itching and welting gets so bad and nothing soothes it. I have to go in the ho ... Show Full Comment

4/28/2014 2:53:58 AM

Reviewer: ktbug557, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Yes, the glipizide brought my blood sugar down, but the side effects made me not want to take it again...headache, stomach pains, nausea, throbbing/racing pulse, when I raised my arms to fix something high, I thought I was going to pass out. I also take Metformin, 1,000 mg in the morning and at night.

8/22/2013 9:30:27 PM

Reviewer: carly, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Caregiver)

Comment:
My mother is 88 yrs. old she started taking this medicine about a yr ago. Since then she has had blood sugar values ranging from the 40's to 322. Two days ago she suffered a t.i.a.

6/10/2013 5:11:04 PM

Reviewer: zohan777, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on Glipizide Extended Release 0.25mg. I found it effective in lowering my BG level to low 100's from high 100's almost instantly and without any real side effects other than having bowl movements more often than usual. The only complaint I have about this drug is that I've put on about 6 lbs in 2 months...having read about it, it's also possible it's not the Glipizide ... Show Full Comment

4/20/2013 12:45:43 PM

Reviewer: LuAnn, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was taking metformin w/ 5 grams of glipizide blood sugar was under control Dr. decided metformin was affecting my liver so took me off. I am now taking 40 grams of glipizide every day, it seem as though it is having no affect whatsoever, my blood sugar hasn't been below 178 it is usually in the 190s.

man rubbing painful knee