Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Glucotrol oral.

4/20/2013 12:45:43 PM

Reviewer: LuAnn, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was taking metformin w/ 5 grams of glipizide blood sugar was under control Dr. decided metformin was affecting my liver so took me off. I am now taking 40 grams of glipizide every day, it seem as though it is having no affect whatsoever, my blood sugar hasn't been below 178 it is usually in the 190s.

6/5/2012 2:48:34 PM

Reviewer: ted, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    After being found allergic to Metformin (rash everywhere) for 1 year I took 5mg daily of Glipizide. It works well, but when blood sugars began to climb for no apparent reason, I was changed to 10mg. Now I have occ'l low blood sugar with night sweats, weakness, dizziness OR my morning blood sugar readings are 70 +/- a little too low for confidence that I am doing the right thing. Has anyone ... Show Full Comment

4/10/2012 8:20:14 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male (Patient)

Comment:
    Glucotrol has been a very effective treatment along with taking a cinnamon supplement to control my blood sugar levels,which in turn controls my diabetes.

3/21/2011 8:45:53 AM

Reviewer: knaraya936, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have a high A1C level (about 11) and the goal is to get it below 7 in the next 3 months. About 3 weeks ago, my blood sugar level was higher than 200. I admitted myself into emergency because I was experiencing symptoms that were very similar to Transient Aschemic Attack (TIA) - the precursor to a real stroke. The doctors have prescribed 5mg Glipizide (Glucotrol) in addition to my regular dos ... Show Full Comment

8/31/2010 3:12:23 PM

Reviewer: PapaRon, 55-64 Male (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm unable to rate this drug at present, as I'm starting it, 10 mg, 'today'. I am replacing Glimepiride 8 mg with it. And I also take Metformin ER 500 mg twice daily, which I will continue, along with the Glucotrol 10 mg.