Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Retin-A topical.

2/4/2016 5:18:50 PM

Reviewer: Becca , 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This time last year I had extremely bad acne. I've spends tons of money on things that never worked. I went to my doctor and she put me on retin-a 0.025% gel. I read a lot of people saying it gets worse before it gets better. For me I got a ton of white heads and dryness. After about 3-4 weeks my face was done being so irritated. I was on that dose for about 6 months. I'm now on rerin-a 0. ... Show Full Comment

1/21/2016 2:20:13 PM

Reviewer: Retin A, 13-18 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started off with a couple of uninflamed zits, really nothing special at all. I used the cream and by week 3, I had full blown acne, everywhere. I mean everywhere. I had never had anything CLOSE to this bad. I stopped after 2 1/2 months of horrible acne, and its been 2 weeks since I stopped an I still am not having improvement. THIS CREAM IS HORRIBLE. DO NOT USE IT.

10/19/2015 8:58:10 PM

Reviewer: prettylilbella , 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I personally didn't experience and horrible side effects. I didn't peel or have redness. I don't know if it was I was getting peels done and facials before I started this product. I waited as recommended before I started. It has been 9 weeks since I started my acne has improved but not as much as I would had liked. It has improved my blackheads a great deal I still get a few.

6/23/2015 9:25:12 AM

Comment:
I wanted to take the time to write a review in the hopes to give at least one person the self confidence boost they need to keep going with Retin-A. I've been waiting for the day I get to write my own review. I officially started using Retin- A .25 just under 4 months ago today. My first day was 3 weeks before my birthday. I remember contacting my Dermo in advance with a million question ... Show Full Comment

10/28/2014 1:20:25 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Hi all, I'm a young woman in my early twenties with moderate acne. I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide and doxycycline (as well as sensitive to salicylic acid!), so finding the right medication to keep my acne under control has been a challenge. I started using Retin-A (0.01%) every night in December of 2013. I was very frustrated because my acne became worse for about 2 months. However, ... Show Full Comment