Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methylphenidate oral.

4/7/2016 3:17:41 PM

Reviewer: Leah, 13-18 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Every time I took this medicine I had a rapid heart beat, excess sweating, agitation, mood swings, decreased appetite. And occasionally muscle twitching, body temperature decreased, numbness in my fingers and toes which made it hard for me to write/ type. I always took prescribed amount. The medicine did not help much with my condition but gave me all these side effects inside. Would not recommen ... Show Full Comment

2/17/2016 6:05:48 PM

Reviewer: Tyler Weitzel, 25-34 on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I didn't like the long acting pills, so I don't recommend taking anything other than plain ritalin tablets. I've heard that you can build up a tolerance to the medication; however, I never felt like that happened to me over the 5 years I took it. I was prescribed 60 mg a day, which was the best, but usually found that I could take less by breaking the pill in half. I felt like it wa ... Show Full Comment

1/14/2016 6:10:18 PM

Reviewer: 7-12 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    My daughter is 7 years old and was taking this medication for two days when I had to rush her to the Emergency room because her heart started rapidly beating and she was having conscious blackouts. It was a very scary situation.

9/8/2015 12:42:05 AM

Reviewer: pandamo, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have used the datrayna (sp?) patches for almost 8 years now. They have by far been the most effective. I dont have to worry about forgetting to take pills or anything which is nice. It also doesnt effect my diet as much as other meds.

11/28/2014 1:11:48 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    This generic form (oval tan color) doesn't work very well for my ADHD compared to other generic forms. I have been taking "Concerta" for 11 years.