Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Depo-Provera IM.

11/2/2007 10:38:04 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I haven't had a period and only spotted once. No pregnancy while I was on it, so it is effective. I liked only having to get it once every three months, but I did experience a lot of weight gain.

10/27/2007 10:42:41 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
the 1st time was great:no periods ever, no side effects. But it took over a year to get pregnant when I stopped using it. The 2nd time around I have no period for 2 months then I spot a whole month! But it's so easy and so effective for birth control.

10/13/2007 8:55:07 PM

Reviewer: lilbitinlove, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have used the shot for 7 years and have had none of the side effect except maybe a few hot flashes when it's time for the next one. I just recently has a bone density scan that came back great. Evey drug has a side effect and people use then to their advantage.

10/7/2007 10:08:59 AM

Comment:
Although I never got pregnant while on this birth control, after my second shot I started getting my period twice a month. I also had to work out like crazy to not gain any weight. The only thing that was good about it was that I didn't have to take a pill everyday. Also, my skin was really bad when I was on this, I had major breakouts.

10/6/2007 1:55:07 PM

Reviewer: lolam, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have heard about girls gaining a lot of weight on this but it didnt do so for me. It is a great method for me due to the fact that you only have to worry about getting the shot every 3 monthes! Plus I havnt had my period for a year. It's great!

Woman running
Boost Your Metabolism.
Tips to kick the habit.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.