Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Depo-Provera intramuscular.

12/22/2008 10:05:52 PM

Reviewer: MILEY, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I DO NOT RECOMMEND! After this shot, I have been bleeding for 3 months straight! EVERYDAY I'm bleeding,its more than just 'spotting', and I think I'm getting depressed over it! The shot is supposed to be wearing off now.... but it hasn't! I don't know what to do! :( DONT GET THE SHOT!

12/16/2008 11:18:25 PM

Reviewer: Lisa, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Do not recommend this to anyone-worst mistake I ever made. I have only had 2 shots but have never felt this bad in my life! Mood swings, fatigue, can't sleep, can't eat,no sex drive, can't move-can't do anything! Feel like absolute crap! I don't even feel like myself anymore. Also I have not had a period in over 6 months-which I don't like because its a natural process for ... Show Full Comment

12/12/2008 10:44:52 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

11/27/2008 8:06:51 PM

Reviewer: The A, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Currently I am still on the Depo, but I am highly considering not getting my next doseage. I get very tired, from doing hardly anything! I haven't experienced alot of weight gain. maybe like... 5 to 10 lbs. One MAJOR reason that I would like to stop though, is the lack of my sex drive. It was fine before this, and now its gone. I'm just hoping that it will come back. Also, from reading oth ... Show Full Comment

11/18/2008 11:05:58 PM

Reviewer: Spokenfreely, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I do not suggest this bc at all. It was the worst mistake i ever made. It made me gain 20 pounds and I had lots of break through bleeding. My skin got worse too and I have always have good skin and this made my skin greasy even my hair. I suggest to think really hard about it if you are wanting to go on it!