Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Vivactil oral.

6/30/2013 2:46:21 PM

Reviewer: chinpdx, 65-74 on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this for tension headache relief for some time now and it really works. I have gone from nearly daily headaches to once in awhile. And when I feel one coming on I take Naproxen. No more Hyrocodone for me.

7/22/2010 4:12:32 PM

Reviewer: anguls350, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was precribed this as an abortive for migraines. I have been on this and several other medications for 4 months. I do not think this medication is working for me at all. I am supposed to take up to 3 15mg as needed but it never takes the migraine away. I always end up taking my very exspensive treximet.

11/10/2009 11:40:11 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female (Patient)

Comment:
A physician I worked for agreed to prescribe this drug for chronic and intense snoring. Taken at bedtime it works miraculously. I know this is not an approved usage of the drug, but it should be.

9/16/2009 2:37:38 PM

Reviewer: Sharonbs60, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
After an automobile accident my neurologist rx'd Vivactil, for Migraine and Cluster headaches, I took the drug for over 10 yrs. Now the cluster headaches are back, I asked my dr to prescribe the drug again, I know how well it worked to control the headaches. The only side effects I have experienced is weight loss and dry mouth. Compared to the headaches, I can handle the side effects, I liter ... Show Full Comment

12/17/2008 8:14:05 PM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had a very bad experience with this med.  I was prescribed Vivactil when I was 16 for chronic headaches, not knowing that it was an antidepressant.  I started becoming depressed, so they prescribed another antidepressant.  I took the combination for 3 years, continued getting worse, contiually having my doctors up my dose.  I fully believe that antidepressants should be caref ... Show Full Comment