Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of clindamycin HCl oral.

11/19/2008 10:28:16 AM

Reviewer: keep it light on the stomach, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
first time I took it I threw up terribly. After reading about it, seems the treatment is worse than the illness with this med. Not woth taking a chance and mess something else up. It is too expensive and I lost a lot of money on it.

11/18/2008 4:48:18 PM

Reviewer: SCASEY7003, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this after taking penicillian for 2 days and not seeing any results. First time taking it I had heartburn but didn't hink anything of it. After taking 4-5 pills I decided it was the meds and went back to the penicillian. I took that 2x and realized it wasn't working again. So I took it again 2x and had heartburn and bloating, plus hot flashs I did not take it again and flu ... Show Full Comment

11/16/2008 6:45:48 PM

Comment:
my stomach hurts bad!

11/13/2008 1:09:29 PM

Reviewer: Staying Positive, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medication for root canal therapy; taken for 10 day @ 3 times per day. Had not tooth pain or swelling but was told there was an infection. It is now day 7 and after reading some of the other reviews, I realize that some of the things I have been experiencing may be as a result of this medication. Have been having headaches, extreme lower backpain, soft stools, dizzy/nervou ... Show Full Comment

11/12/2008 10:57:16 AM

Reviewer: ML, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this strong antibiotic over the phone by the endodontist on call after my root canal the day earlier; I had severe pain in my tooth and jaw. About 4 days into the treatment I thought I was dying from rectal or colon cancer when I started going to the bathroom 10 times per day w/ bright red blood! I am in the medical field and know to take antibiotics w/ food which I did. I ca ... Show Full Comment