Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of clindamycin HCl Oral.

10/29/2008 9:48:18 PM

Reviewer: mitch, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was treated with root canal/abcess, and given rx for this and allowed to take pre-existing pennicillin (referring denist prescr.). I started this one yesterday evening, and I can't take it anymore. Strong acid, nausea, and I did notice some itching starting last night. The endodonist said it can cause GI problems, and just to stop taking it immediately if it did, continue with Pen. ... Show Full Comment

10/20/2008 10:27:43 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medication by my dentist after having a broken tooth pulled. 4 times/day for 7 days. I quit taking the medication 4 days into it because of severe diahrea and heartburn. Two weeks have passed and I am still having diahrea, stomach cramps and heartburn. I will never take this medication again!

10/15/2008 11:22:12 AM

Reviewer: rhernan490, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given this med for an absess during root canal work. After two days I developed severe heartburn and difficulty swallowing. I also felt tired and dizzy. I finished it but would never take it again.

10/14/2008 2:45:10 PM

Reviewer: mo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After an abscess formed in a recent root canal, Clindamycin HCL was prescribed as an antibiotic. I took four doses and noticed a red rash forming down the front of my neck and upper chest. I started developing a mild headache as well. None of the swelling from the abscess had decreased. I called my endodontist, and he took me right off of it. I'm glad I called him when I did.

10/13/2008 4:21:11 PM

Reviewer: mikesbosox, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Two the day after I began taking this drug I experienced muscle spasms in my lower back. The pain level went to a 7 on a 10 scale. I notified my clinician and stopped taking the drug. It took my 5 days of treatment with nsaids to solve the problem. Never again!!

man rubbing painful knee