Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of clindamycin HCl oral.

10/15/2008 11:22:12 AM

Reviewer: rhernan490, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given this med for an absess during root canal work. After two days I developed severe heartburn and difficulty swallowing. I also felt tired and dizzy. I finished it but would never take it again.

10/14/2008 2:45:10 PM

Reviewer: mo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After an abscess formed in a recent root canal, Clindamycin HCL was prescribed as an antibiotic. I took four doses and noticed a red rash forming down the front of my neck and upper chest. I started developing a mild headache as well. None of the swelling from the abscess had decreased. I called my endodontist, and he took me right off of it. I'm glad I called him when I did.

10/13/2008 4:21:11 PM

Reviewer: mikesbosox, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Two the day after I began taking this drug I experienced muscle spasms in my lower back. The pain level went to a 7 on a 10 scale. I notified my clinician and stopped taking the drug. It took my 5 days of treatment with nsaids to solve the problem. Never again!!

10/13/2008 9:14:33 AM

Reviewer: cy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Dentist prescribed for post root canal along with hydrocodone for pain. It gave me terrible heartburn, stomache aches, headaches. I took medication with the acidophilus he recommended. Day 4 thought I had some mosquito bites on my arms and legs and the next day my itching whelps covered my back and worse on arms and legs. The is day 7 and had stopped the medication on day 5 and still have the ras ... Show Full Comment

10/8/2008 2:29:25 PM

Reviewer: sadrip, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took this medication for a root canal infection. After 5 days I had severe heartburn I thought I was going to pass out! I stopped taking it then about 10 days later had severe stomach cramping and soft stools that lasted 2 weeks. If felt like I had the flu for 2 weeks. I will never take this again!!