Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of clindamycin HCl Oral.

2/10/2008 8:53:21 PM

Reviewer: chelle, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given this med for tooth infection before having it pulled. On my first day I was fine the second day on the second pill I took I imediatly suffered from horrible heartburn and chest pains. my neck and face had swelling and I was having a difficult time swallowing. I was told to disconintue and take benedryl. 3 days later still suffering with stomach burning and shortness of breath. Also, ha ... Show Full Comment

2/5/2008 7:37:39 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Given by dentist as premed for dental work. Have prolapse mitral valve. With only one pill, had symptoms of stroke which lasted for hours. Difficulty in speach, thinking, breathing, walking, and sight along with bad chest pains. Do not recommend!

2/4/2008 4:29:12 PM

Reviewer: bookworm, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Was given this medecine to treat persistent strep throat. After a day, my sore throat went from severe to mild, however a week later I am still have sore throats. I don't like the persistent heart burn and indigestion especially right after taking the pills, leaves a very bad metallic taste in my mouth, loose bowels, drowsiness, and also causes anxiety/hyperness. Not sure if given if I woul ... Show Full Comment

1/28/2008 9:09:45 AM

Reviewer: not happy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
I gave this medication to my 8 yr old daughter for strep throat. The strep throat cleared up but she had a SEVERE reation to the meds. She is covered in a rash from head to toe! The rash dots are blending together on her cheeks, arms and hips and are now one big red patch. But the rest of her body is covered in red dots!

1/27/2008 7:07:30 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took this for a tooth infection until a root canal could be done. Pain from infection was gone within 12 hours. Bad metallic taste in mouth after the first day on pills, severe heartburn after second day. On the third day I thought I was having a heart attack, the pain in my chest was so bad. I will stop taking and inform my dentist of the problem.