Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Cleocin oral.

5/6/2009 9:20:10 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this medication right after I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed. I have been taking Clindamycin for almost two days and I have to end use because it is causing extreme chest pain, dizziness, and also nausea. (Which I knew would happen.) The only reason I had to take this drug is because I am allergic to Ammox. and also Ceclor/Keflex. I do not recommend this drug unless you do ... Show Full Comment

3/7/2009 12:07:50 AM

Reviewer: mattycat, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
I had a tooth extraction, and developed a bacterial infection along with dry socket. I took 300mg capsules 4xday x 6 days. It cleared up the infection quickly. I had no stomach upset, even though I have an old stomach ulcer. I am a nurse, and have seen this drug prescribed many times for various bacterial conditions.. I would recommend it. I personally have many drug allergies, and had no problems ... Show Full Comment

3/4/2009 3:01:20 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
My daughter was prescribed this for resistance strep throat after being on amoxil for 10 days. This med. tastes awful! I tried hiding it in everything from ice cream to oatmeal. My daughter would vomit as soon as she took whether she took it in food or straight out of the syringe. This was an awful medication experience. I hope others have a better experience.

2/12/2009 11:59:33 AM

Reviewer: RobynP, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took this medicine for a tooth infection and after 3 days developed severe diarrhea, stomach cramps and vomiting to the point where I had to go to the emergency room for an IV. In my opinion this is a very dangerous drug and who knows how long it will take to get it out of my system. I had to stop taking it before the dose was completed - after 5 days off the drug I still feel awful.

11/28/2008 10:49:34 PM

Reviewer: becca00161, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on this drug for a bacterial infection in my lung and i was given only a few months to live. the med really saved my life after 3 months.But i got nyuropthy in my legs and feet from it and no one knew it could cause that. I would take it again if it was a matter of life or death But i wish i was told it was gonna cause me to have a hard time getting around.