Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of glimepiride Oral.

10/9/2014 9:41:59 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am 59 years old and started taking Glimepiride 2 mg twice a day about 3 or 4 years ago. I started noticing petit mal seizures shortly afterwards, but contributed them to other medical conditions. I started having gran mal seizures in November 2013, with the most recent seizure on 10/2/2014, where I was unconscious for 25 minutes. I need to find out if others are experiencing seizures also. I' ... Show Full Comment

10/9/2014 11:58:58 AM

Reviewer: momoftwins, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Glimepiride 4mg for less than a month. I split the pill in half and only take 2mg a day. It made me very light headed at first and dropped my blood sugar numbers by 100 points the first day I took it. I do notice frequent urination and slight constipation since starting the medication. I also am taking 1,000mg of MetFormin a day to control my Type 2.

9/19/2014 12:48:45 PM

Reviewer: jd, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have noticed a slight sore throat on occasion and I see sore throat is one of the side effects. Has anyone else noticed this as effect of glimepiride?

8/26/2014 7:50:04 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
When initially diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes I started with metformin and insulin. After six months the doctor replaced the insulin with 2 mg of glimepiride per day. My glucose levels have continued to drop. My A1C when I was diagnosed was 12.4 and it is currently 6.3. My main concern is that gimepiride can cause hypoglycemia if you are not careful with what you eat (or what you don't ea ... Show Full Comment

5/30/2014 5:41:50 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

man rubbing painful knee