Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of glimepiride Oral.

8/26/2014 7:50:04 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
When initially diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes I started with metformin and insulin. After six months the doctor replaced the insulin with 2 mg of glimepiride per day. My glucose levels have continued to drop. My A1C when I was diagnosed was 12.4 and it is currently 6.3. My main concern is that gimepiride can cause hypoglycemia if you are not careful with what you eat (or what you don't ea ... Show Full Comment

8/24/2014 3:02:48 AM

Reviewer: Mohammad, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
I had been using metformin from a long time but I could not get any relieve as my suger level was more than 300mg. Now after using 4mg glimipride it is less than 120mg. I think this medicine is very effective in controlling suger level in my case. One problem with this medicine to me is frequent urination at night which is disturbing my sleep.

5/30/2014 5:41:50 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
4/24/2014 12:31:15 PM

Reviewer: 51 chevy, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
glampiride has worked awesome for me for the first 8 years then they must of changed something in the ingredients in it because i started breaking out with a terrible horrible rash. the doctors took me off of it. now they have been treating me with other diabetic meds but my A1C and my sugars are higher than before. did they change the ingredients in the glimepiride with in the last 3 years?

4/12/2014 9:58:00 AM

Reviewer: arb57112, 65-74 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I can't take it at night, it causes my blood sugar to bottom out,