Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of hydrea oral.

9/3/2009 6:31:37 AM

Reviewer: fisherman, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
With 3 500mg-capsules daily, my platelets count hovers around 500,000-600,000. I am also on aspirin, statin, and atenolol regimens. Upset stomach, chest pains and breathing are my main problems. I have been on hydrea for over 20 years. I see my doctor every 3 moths. I stay active and am healthy, otherwise. I still fish and mow my own lawn.

7/18/2009 1:11:26 PM

Reviewer: caray, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
e thrombocythemia,Have lowered platelet count to normal range.Have to adust dosage at times.Take pill 5xper week. Have a problem with itching at times. Not sure if this is my condition or the pill.

6/21/2009 6:02:01 PM

Reviewer: jlw, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have ET and on this drug for about 1 year,, I take 1500 mg a day to bring my platelet count down to 440. So far just tired in the afternoon. I do worry about the long term effect.

5/13/2009 1:00:14 PM

Reviewer: LeeBoss, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have myeloproliferative disorder and take two a day. My platelets were up to 945,000 and are down to 622,000. I have minor side effects; I drink plenty of water.

3/23/2009 6:35:18 PM

Reviewer: phinai, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
For lowering my high blood platelets. I take 1 capsule 2x a week, and the last time I took it caused me to become very tired that it kept me going to sleep and kept me waking up through the night because it was exhausting my breath. I was running out of breath and then woke me up so many times to catch up with breathing.I got scared and fought myself against sleeping until the side effects wore ... Show Full Comment

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture