Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of alendronate Oral.

6/2/2012 6:48:44 AM

Reviewer: WebMD, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
havent noticed change 2months ago dentist pulled all my teeth said i needed 2 wait 6months 4 my dentures. said my gums wouldnt heal well.

5/30/2012 2:43:52 PM

Reviewer: bisongal, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am 57 and have taken three doses of this drug alendrontate 70mg. The next day after taking I experienced servere headache and joint pain. The second time I thought I had the flu. 100 degree fever,That bad. I have had really bad pain in my shoulder blade area and basically joint pain all over. Not sure if I can continue.

3/13/2012 4:49:38 PM

Reviewer: Uneasy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
At age 60, I am not a pill taker or someone who runs to the doctor at the first sniffle, but faithfully submit to yearly physicals and diagnostic tests such as mammograms, colonoscopy, etc. When routine tests showed opsteopinia followed by osteoporosis two years later my doctor prescribed this drug. I've been on it 3 months now and am experiencing severe hip pain, moderate to severe shoulder ... Show Full Comment

2/13/2012 9:33:28 PM

Reviewer: Jeanne, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've only been on this drug for 3 months. I had aches and pains before I started. So far I think alendronate has helped. I used to get sever cramping/pain left lower leg bone especially while driving. I no longer get those. So it may be helping me. Will not know for sure until my next bone mass test. Fingers crossed.

11/9/2011 7:34:24 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have sensitive teeth and after only 2 pills I feel like the teeth came down to grind and it is painful. The filling of the teeth are bothering me a lot. Constipation one morning and the morning I take the pill, I have diaereses so bad, I can't make it to the bathroom. I used to take Boniva for years, no problem. The new doctor wanted me to change.