Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of alendronate Oral.

1/21/2013 3:46:28 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Istarted this med. in Jan. 2013 took 1 dose of it and had severe bone amd joint pain all over my body I all had to wake my husband up becouse I was hurting so bad every time I moved will never take it again..

7/17/2012 4:24:00 PM

Reviewer: velledge, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Since I started taking Aldronate 3 years ago, I've gone from a so-so bone density scan to osteopenia to osteoporosis and have shrunk 3" in height. Can't see that it is doing anything at all for me. My dentist cringes each time he asks me if I still take it.

6/2/2012 6:48:44 AM

Reviewer: WebMD, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
havent noticed change 2months ago dentist pulled all my teeth said i needed 2 wait 6months 4 my dentures. said my gums wouldnt heal well.

5/30/2012 2:43:52 PM

Reviewer: bisongal, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am 57 and have taken three doses of this drug alendrontate 70mg. The next day after taking I experienced servere headache and joint pain. The second time I thought I had the flu. 100 degree fever,That bad. I have had really bad pain in my shoulder blade area and basically joint pain all over. Not sure if I can continue.

3/13/2012 4:49:38 PM

Reviewer: Uneasy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
At age 60, I am not a pill taker or someone who runs to the doctor at the first sniffle, but faithfully submit to yearly physicals and diagnostic tests such as mammograms, colonoscopy, etc. When routine tests showed opsteopinia followed by osteoporosis two years later my doctor prescribed this drug. I've been on it 3 months now and am experiencing severe hip pain, moderate to severe shoulder ... Show Full Comment

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture