Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of FOSAMAX Oral.

2/18/2008 6:38:21 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this drug when I moved from osteopenia to osteoporosis of the lumbar spine. I have been taking it weekly now for about two months. I don't know about it's effectiveness yet, but I developed constant aching in my jaws after the first week. Have stayed with Fosamax, hoping the ache would go away but it hasn't. I need dental work and I'm very worried about trigger ... Show Full Comment

2/2/2008 6:33:13 PM

Reviewer: RNMS1947@AOL.COM, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year

Comment:
I AM HAVING SEVERE LONG BONE PAIN.

1/25/2008 10:00:34 AM

Reviewer: punky, 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
Five days after starting this drug, I awoke to the worse muscle joint pain I have ever encountered. From fingers to toes...all joints affected. Have been told by Rheumatologist NEVER to use this or a similar drug again. I was never told this was a side effect.

1/8/2008 1:36:56 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken fosomax for approximately 2 years. I have had the worst muscle,joint and especially back pain and I could not understand why. It is the worst pain to live with. I will not continue with this medication..

11/26/2007 10:07:50 AM

Reviewer: tylerclemons, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
no problems noticed with this med..I quit for a short period due to side effect scare..the joint pain I experienced prompted me to return to the med.