Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Fosamax oral.

11/6/2008 7:52:05 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause
    10/29/2008 12:25:27 AM

Reviewer: Chickie56, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    Have been on Fosamax since March, 2008 after a dex scan said I have Ostopenia. I have had severe joint pain in my hips. Some days I can hardly walk without being in pain, forget about climbing up the stairs.My doctor said I need to do weight bearing exercises which I do 3 days a week now. So I also take Tylenol Arthritis just to get through the day. This is crazy! I wonder if the Fosamax is causin ... Show Full Comment

10/10/2008 9:33:40 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause
    10/4/2008 10:52:02 AM

Reviewer: sharonynd, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Started taking this medication on 9/21/08. The second evening I had a drug reaction, I felt extreme bone pain in my chest just turning my head, trouble breathing. It was less in the morning, and did go away after that day. I reported it to my Dr. who didn't seem to be too worried, since I had gotten over it. I am on my 3rd dose, so will not know if it's effective for one year.

10/1/2008 8:28:08 PM

Reviewer: Connie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I experienced debilitating bone, muscle and joint pain I was sure if it progressed, i would be using a walker in a few months. I began to feel relief two weeks after stopping the medication. Now, a few months later, I feel very close to normal. My ankle still bothers me occasionally, but that , too, is decreasing. I call it my Fosamax kick. I told my doctor that he doesn't have enough mo ... Show Full Comment