Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Fosamax oral.

1/25/2009 4:35:24 PM

Reviewer: sandra, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I am 64 and after 8 yrs found out it didn't work as I have a compression fracture of the spine. I have always worked out and exercised. Matter of fact I did it at the gym, so now am on Forteo for 2 weeks so we shall see as that is my last hope.

1/23/2009 2:29:39 PM

Reviewer: parade, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    After taking Fosamax, I feel sick..... nauseous, joint pain, bloating and some joint pain. I stopped taking this drug for several months and the feeling went away. My current doctor put me back on Fosamax citing my weight ( 125 5"4'' and thin) and bone density at -1.7. The sick feeling came back.

1/22/2009 9:48:58 PM

Reviewer: aubensam@bellsouth.net, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm having a problem with my gums which may or may not be related to foxamax. Are there any gum problems relating this drug?

1/17/2009 6:50:32 AM

Reviewer: Secretary, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Medicine-Alendronate Sodium 70mg Tawat - I was diagnosed with Ostopenia. I took my one and only tablet on Wed. 1-7-09. I followed all the instructions carefully-took at 6:00a.m with only water. No food or drink until 8:30a.m.-Stayed upright the whole time. When I took the medicine, I felt like it lodged in my throat. I kept swallowing to get it moved down. I couldn't wait until I was able to s ... Show Full Comment

12/19/2008 3:19:24 PM

Reviewer: jccpdx, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
    I was 59 years old when I took fosamax for 3-4 months. Height 5'4", 135 lbs. Generally active. Besides going to a gym to work out (weight machines and aerobically) 2-3 times a week, I take long hikes once a week and love to camp and take serious hikes in the wilderness several times a year. After 2 months on fosamax I started feeling pain in my thighs. I've experienced muscle pain and ... Show Full Comment