Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Fosamax Oral.

11/16/2008 3:31:03 AM

Reviewer: sandashell, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I went through early onset menopause after a complete hysterectomy in '75 at the age of 27. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis in '99 or 2000 and have been on Fossamax since then. I experienced none of the side effects I've read about in other reviews. However, I take the smaller dose (35 mg per week vs the recommended 70) due to a hypersensitivity to all medications. At one point, my i ... Show Full Comment

11/6/2008 7:52:05 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause
10/29/2008 12:25:27 AM

Reviewer: Chickie56, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Have been on Fosamax since March, 2008 after a dex scan said I have Ostopenia. I have had severe joint pain in my hips. Some days I can hardly walk without being in pain, forget about climbing up the stairs.My doctor said I need to do weight bearing exercises which I do 3 days a week now. So I also take Tylenol Arthritis just to get through the day. This is crazy! I wonder if the Fosamax is causin ... Show Full Comment

10/10/2008 9:33:40 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause
10/4/2008 10:52:02 AM

Reviewer: sharonynd, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking this medication on 9/21/08. The second evening I had a drug reaction, I felt extreme bone pain in my chest just turning my head, trouble breathing. It was less in the morning, and did go away after that day. I reported it to my Dr. who didn't seem to be too worried, since I had gotten over it. I am on my 3rd dose, so will not know if it's effective for one year.

stressed working woman