Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Clomipramine HCl Oral.

9/12/2009 9:59:45 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
It has helped my OCD very much especially at the 225mg/day dosage. I would recommend to first-time users to start with 50mg/day and gradually build up the dosage or your mouth will feel as dry as sand. Overall if you don't mind the weight gain it is VERY effective for OCD and it it also very affordable.

5/24/2009 5:39:34 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had a severe OCD attack come on, and was hospitalized for a month. My doctor started me on this drug after the first week, and once it kicked in, it worked wonders. The side effects are not bad, and it helps control the unwanted thoughts.

4/2/2009 4:45:53 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I suffered from crippling obsessive-compulsive disorder and tried virtually every medication on the market for that malady, to little avail. Finally, the doctor suggested this medication. It didn't have immediate effect, but after about 6 months and when combined with intensive cognitive behavioral therapy, I am now functioning like a normal human being, which is remarkable, considering the ab ... Show Full Comment

12/27/2008 11:14:59 PM

Reviewer: karenhillisme, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
After 4 years of different meds for severe ocd, including literally pulling out my hair, this medicine worked like a charm and had no side effects. I wish it were prescribed more; my dr. said that it was an 'older'med and some of the newer docs didn't know about it. Wow, is that scary or what? Has not effected my ability to achieve orgasm.

11/18/2008 11:49:24 AM

Reviewer: maverick, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor put me on 100MG of this drug and after taking one dose I had so many severe side effects I almost went to the hosptial. I had tremors, pounding heartbeat, sweating, I was so dizzy I couldn't stand, severe nausea, constipation, insomnia, loss of appetitate, numbness in my hands and feet, tired, no energy. I was so hopefull that this med would help my OCD. I am now on a different med.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.