Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Zithromax oral.

2/17/2011 3:48:05 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This is the second time I take this. I have a sinus infection. It seems to work on the infection, I feel better after first day dose(2*250mg). I got a minor stomach upset even when taking it with food, and i get very bad diahrea with watery stool. If I dont have to take a trip, I would probably avoid the drug and just let the infection cure by itself. (I am taking the generic tablet by Teva)

10/30/2010 1:50:25 PM

Reviewer: MelJackson, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Extremely INTENSE stomach pain: I have never left pain like this before. I went to the Dr Thursday (today is Saturday) and was told that I have bronchitis and pharynitis (spelling?) a throat infection. My Dr prescribed “Zmax” which he said is a liquid form, you drink it once and you are done. It stays in your system for 10 days fighting the infection. When I went to the pharmacy they told me ... Show Full Comment

2/23/2010 11:23:36 PM

Reviewer: v6v3m7bm4, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I don't want anyone to go thru what I went thru, PLEASE READ: worked great for killing infection, but can cause nausea lasting WEEKS afterward due to system upset which is common for many antibiotics, but seemed more common with this one for me. I HIGHLY recommend stocking up on probiotics (such as BD Lactinex) and taking constantly during and after antibiotic treatment. It is worth the $30 ... Show Full Comment

2/2/2010 8:46:41 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I'm 25 and have an upper respiratory infection. I am on the last day of this medicine and don't feel any better. Fortunately, the only side effect I've had is a mildly upset stomach when taking it w/out food. Last night I bought some sudafed and am feeling better already this morning. Looks like I should've just gotten pseudoephedrine from the start.

1/1/2010 7:09:45 AM

Reviewer: christyzachman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After a month of coughing and difficulty breathing, I was able to get to the doctor who prescribed this for what she called an upper respitory infection. Being diabetic, infections of any kind can lead to death so treating well was imperative. This was a new drug for me and I found it fabulous. After five days I no longer cough and have no side effects so far. Unlike oter antibacterial drugs w ... Show Full Comment