Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of benzoyl peroxide topical.

1/18/2016 6:56:51 PM

Reviewer: Ann May Smith, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I do now have clear skin after using benzoyl peroxide for my acne. However when I stopped using it and then recently began using it again (for only small breakouts of course), I have been noticing it leaving dark red irritated spots on my skin.

6/10/2015 6:42:09 AM

Reviewer: 13-18 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    My acne began at the age of 12. I had been using all sorts of cosmetic products from the shop, such as Clearasil (most of the brands I've used). I was first prescribed Epiduo in May 2013. This burnt my face and made it VERY red and sensitised the whole time I was using it. I find benzoyl 5% most effective, and less sensitising than Epiduo. I first got this one in October 2014. I had to use t ... Show Full Comment

5/26/2015 11:00:42 AM

Reviewer: Myka34, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    Works if applied on clear skin twice a day for me. But be warned it can burn and sting a little even with just 2.5% strength.

4/13/2015 7:48:52 PM

Reviewer: Morgan Freeman, 7-12 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Epiduo contains benzoyl and it works.But it causes wrinkles, and i am only 12. This is a prematuring side effect.

11/25/2014 10:56:36 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Worked wonders for the acne I've developed since I went off birth control treatment for my PCOS. I was developing increasing numbers of large, deep skin pimples that hurt all along my cheeks, jawline and sides of my neck (typical of PCOS apparently). Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic washes did not work. However, the Benzoyl Preoxide cream works WONDERS! I apply the 2.5% creme twice a day after g ... Show Full Comment

handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.