Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of benzoyl peroxide top.

2/2/2009 12:26:46 PM

Reviewer: strwbry3 , 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have an area on my face that is extremely prone to break outs. I will get up to five or six large zits at one time in this one area. Someone recommended I use something with 10%BP in it so I got Clearasil Ultra rapid action treatment cream. First I rubbed it into my skin on the infected area, then I dabbed it on the area (w/out rubbing in) and let it dry. I slept with it on and woke up in the mo ... Show Full Comment

1/10/2009 11:16:32 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
i started using this stuff once a day at first to let my skin get used to it then bumped it up to twice a day. it cleared up my acne better and faster than ProActiv. my skin feels smoother and i have a significant reduction in bumps and redness. this happened after the first few days. great acne med.

12/29/2008 8:11:18 PM

Reviewer: sadler, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I used the Mary Kay Acne Cream which is basically BP. 2 days later I broke out in a rach all over my face with little bumps and blisters. I never thought I had sensitive skin, but apparently I am allergic to this medication. Be careful using BP. You may experience redness, swelling, puffiness, and rash. I'm experiencing all the above unfortunately.

11/13/2008 11:13:46 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Used for acne and developed red hives on face after using it. I lasted about a day, but very, uncomortable. Did NOT work for me.

7/2/2008 7:43:20 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
Worry not, most people are not allergic to bp. If you use too much, your skin will be VERY VERY dry and uber sensitive, so start out with 2.5%. be careful though, bp bleaches clothes and sheets! After a few weeks, your skin will clear-guaranteed. My skin is about 90% clear and getting better everyday :)

Woman running
Boost Your Metabolism.
Tips to kick the habit.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.