Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Avonex intramuscular.

6/25/2009 7:55:14 PM

Reviewer: Chaz , 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    After a particularly violent divorce in 1998, I was diagnosed with MS. When my Doctor suggested Avonex, I said, "No, I'm ready, just let nature take its course." Fortunately for my, my Doctor refused, and started a treatemt of Wellbutrin, Lorazepam, Avonex, and Ambien. I'm still 90% functional, I still play music regularly, and I'm the mist greatful for my new wife, with w ... Show Full Comment

6/19/2009 7:00:38 PM

Reviewer: kajolyn, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    was dx in january 09.the longer needles were scary but changed to shorter ones and have no problems.i have to take 3 tylenol to ward off flu like symptoms,works,but i hate taking so many.have had no follow up mri yet,so can't say how effective this medication is.leaves me feeling groggy and down the next day.frankly ,i am hard to live with!hope this gets better.

6/19/2009 3:07:27 AM

Reviewer: greekjim, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Didn't slow anything for me with avonex being my first medication tried after being dx'ed, switched to tysabri

6/17/2009 5:23:36 PM

Reviewer: spb, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
    i have been encouraged to start using prednisone 10 mg with each in injection...i am wondering if anyone else has done this.

6/12/2009 11:47:32 AM

Reviewer: Gonzalo Guerrero, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I was on Avonex for about eight months and I would hate every friday because i had to give myself the injection. I would get really sick for about three days and it was just not worthit for me. I changed to Tysabri because I could not take the pain anymore. I been on Tysabri for eight months now and it is great. I go to the infusion center once a month and they give me the medication through m ... Show Full Comment

diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.