Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Avonex IM.

8/2/2009 11:44:17 AM

Reviewer: stupid now ; use to be a genuis, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The Avonex has helped with my physical symptoms but my depression, short memory, and I Q SUCK. Also now whatever I eat immediately goes straight through me, further I can see the silly word in my head but I can't get it out this is just a bit mistake. sorry. Janice.

7/20/2009 10:33:22 PM

Reviewer: Bretagne, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
My first several weeks were difficult in terms of the side effects...extreme chills, aches,skin sensitivity and grouchiness. 18 months later, I'm still touchy and grouchy for up to 18 hours after injecting. I've learned to insert the needle a little faster to almost eliminate pain/bleeding. The 25 gauge 1 inch needle helps. I've seen research suggesting Avonex may not be the most effec ... Show Full Comment

6/25/2009 7:55:14 PM

Reviewer: Chaz , 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
After a particularly violent divorce in 1998, I was diagnosed with MS. When my Doctor suggested Avonex, I said, "No, I'm ready, just let nature take its course." Fortunately for my, my Doctor refused, and started a treatemt of Wellbutrin, Lorazepam, Avonex, and Ambien. I'm still 90% functional, I still play music regularly, and I'm the mist greatful for my new wife, with w ... Show Full Comment

6/19/2009 7:00:38 PM

Reviewer: kajolyn, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
was dx in january 09.the longer needles were scary but changed to shorter ones and have no problems.i have to take 3 tylenol to ward off flu like symptoms,works,but i hate taking so many.have had no follow up mri yet,so can't say how effective this medication is.leaves me feeling groggy and down the next day.frankly ,i am hard to live with!hope this gets better.

6/19/2009 3:07:27 AM

Reviewer: greekjim, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Didn't slow anything for me with avonex being my first medication tried after being dx'ed, switched to tysabri

Does your kid have symptoms?