Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Avonex IM.

10/27/2008 4:16:17 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
So far so good on Avonex. Just diagosed in January so this is my 1st treatment drug. I have gotten use to the injections, just another part of my weekly routine. I have regained a more normal walking ability since taking Avonex so that is great!! The once a week injection is more convenient than the others, everyday or 3 times a week. The flu like symptoms have all but gone away. Mostly I feel ver ... Show Full Comment

10/23/2008 5:40:13 PM

Reviewer: Claudia B, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Been on this drug since Jan 2003, Sympton free with only one mild relapse in 2008. Taking Tylenol before injection with no side effects! Also have not even had a cold or been sick since taking this drug!

4/28/2008 4:44:13 PM

Reviewer: thelaundryfairy, 25-34 Female (Patient)

Comment:
It took me a couple of months to get used to the Avonex and deal with the side effects - BUT I HAVE FOUND THE RESULTS TO BE UTTERLY AMAZING! I feel like a completely new person, and I am so thankful that the financial assistance program guarantees me injectables for a 2 year period which is renewable.

3/29/2008 8:24:27 PM

Reviewer: abc, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on and off Avonex since early 2000; it's now early 2008. (time on 4-5 years) I was on and off because I had 3 pregnancies/2 babies. I had good results and I tolerated the symptoms well until I went on again after my second baby's birth last spring. The flulike symptoms are bothering me now; maybe partially because I'm so sleep deprived with the new baby. I also had a flar ... Show Full Comment

12/30/2007 6:14:50 PM

Reviewer: Scrambled Brains, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been injecting Avonex since the spring of 1997 and I truly credit this medication for enabling me to lead a productive life nearly free of MS exacerbations. The exacerbations (2) since beginning this medication were mild in comparison to the pre-diagnosis episodes. Coining the phrase" I have MS, but Ms does not have me!"

Healthy breakfast
What are you eating?
Young man exercising on bike
How not to get sick at the gym.
Woman scrutinizing nose in mirror
Tips that work.
close up of leg with psoriasis rash