Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Avonex IM.

3/31/2009 1:10:00 AM

Reviewer: Scott, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this drug for 2 years after being mismedicated with Betaserone. This drug is doing very well for me . Tired with a headache day after injection but no other side affects. Easy to use and no bruising.

2/17/2009 8:06:09 PM

Reviewer: Lala2500, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed in June of 2008 have been on Avonex Since 09/2008. I have had 2 lapses but my fatigue has almost completely gone away and some of my neuropathic pain has gotten much better.

1/19/2009 8:49:42 PM

Reviewer: wayne, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
i have been taking for almost 6 years first year was bad chills. learn to stay warm before an after shot. i drive truck an have good an bad days just learn to pace yourself but do not baby yourself you have to push harder to keep going learn not give up are lose faith.i give my shot in the leg rotating every week,i do beleive it helps but i keep my faith an dont stop working keep pushing myself,i ... Show Full Comment

1/5/2009 9:40:31 PM

Reviewer: Mindy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
If you can get past the size of the needle and give yourself the shot you are doing better than me. First several months I had the chills and muscle soreness, felt like I have the flu but have learned to take my shot at bedtime so I sleep thru the symptoms. I seem to do better if I am well hydrated and get alot of rest and stay positive.

1/4/2009 11:12:18 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Avonex since 4/1998. I am now on the prefilled syringes,but have been approved by my Dr. for the 25Gauge (1 inch) needle which makes the injections more torelable. This is due to the fact that I have a smaller frame. The 23Gauge (1 1/4 Inch)that comes in the prefilled honestly hurt too much when I injected. I have not had any exasberations since 1998, thank God and my lesions hav ... Show Full Comment

Healthy breakfast
What are you eating?
Young man exercising on bike
How not to get sick at the gym.
Woman scrutinizing nose in mirror
Tips that work.
close up of leg with psoriasis rash