Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Avonex Intramuscular.

1/5/2009 9:40:31 PM

Reviewer: Mindy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
If you can get past the size of the needle and give yourself the shot you are doing better than me. First several months I had the chills and muscle soreness, felt like I have the flu but have learned to take my shot at bedtime so I sleep thru the symptoms. I seem to do better if I am well hydrated and get alot of rest and stay positive.

1/4/2009 11:12:18 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Avonex since 4/1998. I am now on the prefilled syringes,but have been approved by my Dr. for the 25Gauge (1 inch) needle which makes the injections more torelable. This is due to the fact that I have a smaller frame. The 23Gauge (1 1/4 Inch)that comes in the prefilled honestly hurt too much when I injected. I have not had any exasberations since 1998, thank God and my lesions hav ... Show Full Comment

10/27/2008 4:16:17 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
So far so good on Avonex. Just diagosed in January so this is my 1st treatment drug. I have gotten use to the injections, just another part of my weekly routine. I have regained a more normal walking ability since taking Avonex so that is great!! The once a week injection is more convenient than the others, everyday or 3 times a week. The flu like symptoms have all but gone away. Mostly I feel ver ... Show Full Comment

10/23/2008 5:40:13 PM

Reviewer: Claudia B, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Been on this drug since Jan 2003, Sympton free with only one mild relapse in 2008. Taking Tylenol before injection with no side effects! Also have not even had a cold or been sick since taking this drug!

4/28/2008 4:44:13 PM

Reviewer: thelaundryfairy, 25-34 Female (Patient)

Comment:
It took me a couple of months to get used to the Avonex and deal with the side effects - BUT I HAVE FOUND THE RESULTS TO BE UTTERLY AMAZING! I feel like a completely new person, and I am so thankful that the financial assistance program guarantees me injectables for a 2 year period which is renewable.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture