Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Avonex intramuscular.

2/10/2015 3:26:56 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Avonex for 9 years now. I inject on Friday night take 2 Aleve before and most times it's fine. Every so often side effects come back as it was first time use EX: chills aches and just feeling run down. my Doctor gave me a box of smaller needles 30g . you can get them from CVS or Walgreens cheap. the smaller size helps with pain.as for the drug it self I have had 4 relapse' ... Show Full Comment

1/4/2015 7:40:01 AM

Reviewer: Jan, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
At first it was quite painful and the side effects were awful. 5 years on, i rarely have side effects and the injecting is no problem

10/17/2014 5:39:51 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with MS 15 years ago. I started mixing and injecting myself. I didn't like the syring with needle but I suppose it helped. I only have a night of chills if I miss my weekly injection for a couple of weeks. I inject on Saturday nights before I go to bed. I take 4 Ibuprophen ane I sleep great. No side affects. The new pen is wonderful! Doesn't hurt a bit.

9/20/2014 1:21:17 AM

Reviewer: west18, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed in November 2013 and this is the first treatment I started. I had horrible side effects with it. I couldn't stand for anything to touch my skin, flushing was very bad, severe headache, ached all over. I have never been in so much pain. I thought it was going to kill me. Stopped taking Avonex and currently about to start taking Tecfidera, praying I have better luck with it.

8/8/2014 1:58:59 PM

Reviewer: on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I USE THE PEN NOW AND I LIKE IT MUCH BETTER THAN THE NEEDLE. I MUST TAKE ALEVE BEFORE I INJECT TO COUNTER THE FLUE FEELINGS OF THE NEXT DAY

bloodstream
Tips to help prevent clots.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Live and thrive.
gloved hand holding syringe
10 preventable diseases.
man eating meal
Folates, green tea and more.
Woman with stressed, fatigue
Get relief tips.
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.