Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Oxymetazoline Nasl.

9/5/2014 12:50:44 AM

Reviewer: BamaNett, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have had several occasion where I have had a stuffy nose when I lay down at night so every once in a while I have to use a nose spray. I usually use Afrin but I bought a off brand Rexall from General Dollar store. I am now in so much pain from burning and stinging. It is running all down my throat and making me hurt so bad I want to sniff a cup of water.

6/10/2014 11:43:38 PM

Reviewer: Binkapooh, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I take the Mucinex version of this medicine. I use it only at night when I have a bad cold and can't breathe out of my nose. It is a life saver in helping me sleep. (Who likes to breathe out of their mouth when they are trying to sleep?) It says to use it for only 3 days but my colds usually last longer than that. Since I only use it once a day I figure 6 days is ok. I also use only one spray ... Show Full Comment

2/18/2014 2:48:31 PM

Reviewer: dogma, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Stuffy Nose
8/13/2011 9:47:49 PM

Reviewer: burbigel, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had bad side effects from this medication such as, itching, rashes, behavioral problems such as depression, thoughts of suiside.

2/23/2011 10:32:27 PM

Reviewer: Soldier for life, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
My Army Doctors all have panic attacks when I tell them I am using Afrin, but other Rx nasal sprays (cortico-steroids and anti-histamines)have almost no effect, except side effects. I have asked them why Afrin is so bad, but the ONLY side effect is that you may become dependent on it. Being that I have literally been congested my entire life without pause, Afrin is a lifesaver! One could argue tha ... Show Full Comment

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture