Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of flovent inhl.

5/20/2012 6:53:45 PM

Reviewer: Meme, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After using for about 2 weeks I woke at 3AM starving. Have had to eat every 3-3.5hrs. since. Will discontinue med.

9/28/2011 6:54:31 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My chest and throat were burning so bad from flovent. It also made my breathing worse. I told my dr he insisted that I keep taking it. I took it for over a month then discontinued it on my own. Don't always listen to DRs listen to your body. Once I stopped taking this medication the burning went away and my breathing got better

9/27/2011 2:30:28 PM

Reviewer: eve, 3-6 Male (Caregiver)

Comment:
my 5yr old son has been on flovent for 2yrs, he started at 44mcg then 110mcg now he's on 220mcg ever since he was put on the 220mcg his asthma has been controled no more emergency room visit thanks to his Doctor. sometimes I forget to give him the medication and he gets a bad headache, His Doctor says is not the medicaion but I think it is. I dont know for sure, anyway I'm keeping a daily ... Show Full Comment

6/16/2011 4:14:44 PM

Reviewer: 0-2 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
My 2 yr old son started on this medication and within a few weeks he was hoarse and coughing more. He was seen by another specialist who said that the medication was causing polyps on his throat and vocal cords. He either needed to quit taking the medication or have surgery. After I had him off the Flovent for 1 month his voice returned normal and the polyps were almost completed gone.

6/9/2011 8:30:34 PM

Reviewer: 0-2 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
My son has been taking this for over a year. He is two. It has worked great and doesn't affect his behavior.