Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Delsym oral.

5/13/2016 7:55:50 AM

Reviewer: charley's love, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    After 2 doses, Delsym completely eliminated my instinct to poop for nearly a week. No muscle contractions, nothing. It was horrible and backed me all up. Apparently the drug works in some brain area near the area that controls defecation and can have this devastating effect.

5/20/2015 1:38:22 AM

Reviewer: coughypants, 25-34 Female (Patient)

Comment:
    I had a really bad cough. It was so bad it was making me throw up. I bought this cough syrup hoping I would feel better.within 20 mins of taking it my cough suddenly got worse, I got hot flashes, vomiting, felt very dizzy and broke out in hives. It required an ER visit and steroid injections and nebulizer treatment. I have taken other meds with the same ingredient without issue. Throwing this in t ... Show Full Comment

3/3/2015 8:45:31 AM

Reviewer: ConcernedMother, 7-12 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
    several sleepness nights for my son. This medicine seemed to wire him up before I realized what was or could be causing him to not get any rest and make him beyond hyper.

2/25/2015 12:23:47 PM

Reviewer: rja, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I took this at the recommendation of a pharmacist. My cough was dry and unproductive so she recommended this as a basic, non-expectorant cough syrup. My first dose in the morning seemed to be effective, but my second dose before bed caused many of the problems described here in others' comments. I took my second dose at 7 pm and went to bed at 10:30. An hour later I was still up and realized m ... Show Full Comment

1/5/2015 2:47:02 PM

Reviewer: Lenda, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I was having sleepless nights because of my cough and then I decided to try Delsym. It did stop the coughing but I was threwing up all night. Felt like I had food poisoning! I will never take this again.