Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of mirtazapine Oral.

7/17/2015 11:45:28 PM

Reviewer: pdiddle78, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medication combined with Cymbalta finally pulled me out of a terrible depression I had been suffering for almost 6 months. The worst side effect was Weight Gain. I literally gained 40lbs and NOTHING I did (diet, exercise) would drop the weight. Fortunately, I've been able to come off of it and should enjoy shedding the weight over time.

6/17/2015 1:48:38 PM

Reviewer: Lawro, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Originally started taking 15mg before ned for insomnia but was then made homeless which caused me to go into deep depression with bad anxiety so upped to 30mg then 45mg. This med helped keep me together. Highly effective at treating depression with big improvements within 3 days. Moderately effective at keeping anxiety at bay. After 6 months it still improves my sleep onset, duration and quality. ... Show Full Comment

12/19/2014 6:13:06 PM

Reviewer: woofie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My depression got better and I was able to sleep. However, the weight gain and increased appetite was awful. I know it depends on what you eat but I found I was craving sugar and junk food. Prior to taking Mirtazpine I had no cravings. I'm off of now. Will the weight come off easily?

12/17/2014 8:41:11 PM

Reviewer: JB, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I started on Mirtazapine oral, over a year ago. At first I found it to be too sedating and almost stopped taking it. I am now on 30mg but very depressed and short tempered. I have never had problems with panic attacks, now they happen without warning. If anyone has had the same experience please let me know. I am considering to stop taking this useless medication because Its done nothing for me. M ... Show Full Comment

10/27/2014 9:13:05 PM

Reviewer: firefighter567, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
started at 30mg then to 45mg. overall works well, still wake up periodically at night for brief periods. worst part is the weight gain. it is RIDICULOUS! no matter what I do it just won't stop.