Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of mirtazapine Oral.

1/1/2009 11:41:13 PM

Reviewer: vapttr, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking Mirtazapine a few months ago for depression. My depression is still present but I sleep like a new born which I enjoy since I am depressed. The medicine kicks in right away. The only other side effect aside from it not working for my depression is horrible dreams. I also have to get at least 12 hours of sleep in order to function during the day.

12/28/2008 1:33:15 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking it for 2 years. I sleep all night for the first time in my life. Not sure how effective it work for depression because I am on other meds for depression also. Since I began taking my sex drive is zero. My doctor started me on 15mg per day and now I am on 60mg.

12/24/2008 8:01:10 PM

Reviewer: benrob126@aol/com, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on mirtazapine for depression now for a five days. I must say I've been getting good sleep at night and the dreams are quite normal, to date. I've always had fairly good control of my appetite and have not experience any out of the ordinary hunger for food episodes. Thus far, anxiety, irritability, and mood swings have been in check. I'll be reporting from time to ... Show Full Comment

12/9/2008 8:45:48 PM

Reviewer: jack, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
no erections

12/3/2008 5:51:45 PM

Reviewer: locohoya, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have suffered from depression and insomnia for years. Remeron acts pretty well as a sleep aid, not sure if it relieves my depression. I have been using it for over a year, so I guess I must be fairly satisfied. The biggest drawback is it renders me sexually dysfunctional.

Does your kid have symptoms?