Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of azathioprine Oral.

3/31/2014 6:07:41 PM

Reviewer: Dom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have had ulcerative colitis for almost 18 years. This drug, combined with asacol, is the only thing that has kept me alive. I have been on 150 mg a day for over 10 years. Because of this drug, I have been in remission for close to 9 years with an excellent quality of life.

11/22/2013 7:39:08 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Have pan colitis, prednisone dependent, taking aza.for 6 months. Started on 25 mg. low dose due to low tmpt, no help, increased to 50 mg. greatly reduced symptoms, ready to increase, but now have high liver enzyme (alkaline phosphate). Doing full liver function panel and ultrasound of liver. Discussed biologics next. Advise everyone with IBD to see an IBD specialist along with gastro.

6/12/2012 6:19:35 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
Is this drug safe to an unborn fetus?

5/14/2011 1:33:44 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've had UC for 13 years and would have a flare-up twice a year for 2 to 3 months at a time, every year! (seasonal) This drug has gotten me off Prednisone which I loved too but wasn't healthy for me. My doctor gave me this drug and I love it! I've been in remission for the first time since I started this drug. I take 50mg daily and I have no side effects and I have my life back!!!!

1/17/2011 1:50:39 PM

Reviewer: Roberta, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have been on Azathioprine 2 1/2 years. Althogh it somewhat control crohns, the payoff is hardly worth it. Do have flareups, but the tradeoff is joint and muscle weakness. I can hardly open or squeeze toothpaste in the morning. Also tiredness, inability to concentrate, eye blurriness. Feel like my bones are deteriorating. Lately, been feeling it in my neck and spine. Its affected my gait as ... Show Full Comment

Healthy breakfast
What are you eating?
Young man exercising on bike
How not to get sick at the gym.
Woman scrutinizing nose in mirror
Tips that work.
close up of leg with psoriasis rash