Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of azathioprine oral.

7/6/2009 5:56:06 PM

Reviewer: jack laub, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    no side effects

7/6/2009 3:24:44 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had crohns disease for 5 years now and within the first year of diagnosis had a right hemi colectomy. I ahve been on prednisone and other meds with no relief. After my surgery my doctor out me on this medication and I have been in remission since. I am very happy to have had this option as my condition was no longer manageable medication wise. Some symptoms I have is easy brusing, hair loss ... Show Full Comment

4/28/2009 12:48:08 PM

Reviewer: notyap187, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had Crohn's disease for 14 years. I have been given multiple different meds over the years. Prednisone, mesalamine, sulfasalazine, and finally Imuran. I have been on 200mg of Imuran for over 4 years with no side effects. I had half of my colon removed 3 years ago due to scar tissue causing stricture.

2/26/2009 2:29:45 PM

Reviewer: pcf7hr, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
    just started so not suer

2/13/2009 7:36:12 PM

Reviewer: Denise C, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had ulcerative colitus for 20 years, but now my doctor says I have Crohns disease,which is active. So I went off of my Asocol and he put me on Entocort and Azathioprine.After one week I started having bad pains in my stomach area and back.The doctor took blood and now I have Pancreaitus.This is some bad stuff!So be very careful with it.