Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of humalog subq.

3/1/2010 9:52:54 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have been taking two insulins (Lantus) and Humalog now for three years. The Humalog is with meals and the dosage depends on what my blood sugar reading is before I take it. At diagnosis, my A1C was 13.2 and now is 6.0. Both insulins have been a life saver for me. I've been using the pen form and it is so easy to use.

2/21/2010 4:21:34 PM

Reviewer: artsgal, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years

Comment:
I have a hard time with the dialing parts of the pen. It jams up on me sometimes. I like my lantus pen better. Easier to use.

12/29/2009 9:23:56 AM

Reviewer: Dave, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on insulin only for a few months now. I take 25 units of Lantus once a day and Humalog, as needed. Lantus works, but Humalog is a waste of money and effort. Ten units of Humalog lowers the sugar by 10 points. I've been taking as much as 30-40 units with dinner alone over a 2-3 hours span, and still having a hard time keeping it under 200. What I would like to know if anybody know ... Show Full Comment

9/28/2009 2:08:53 PM

Reviewer: ?, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Humalog worked well for about a year but it is not working as well now.

3/1/2009 8:57:25 AM

Reviewer: campbaker, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
i have been a diabetic since 1969 when i was 32. this insulin replaced R insulin for me, it is wonderful in its speed, i am a chef, my life is centered around my meter & my shots & keeping myself balanced. my a1c reading last was a 5.6 was a testimonial to what i have written. i try to follow my diet,people can't understand when i spit out what i taste, like a sommelier,for me the t ... Show Full Comment

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture