Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of brimonidine ophthalmic.

7/21/2015 12:43:16 PM

Reviewer: dellrocks, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I previously reviewed these drops after using one time. I decided to try them again & have used them now for almost 3 months with no side effects that I can say are coming from them. I do have bad sinus allergies but I hope they are from the outside air & not these drops. I use them at night, & they have lasted almost 3 months.

5/4/2015 12:09:32 PM

Reviewer: dellrocks, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    My eye doctor prescribed these drops for my eye pressure. I used it one night, & have had terrific irritation & tearing ever since so I'm afraid to use it again. Directions say not to use if you have low blood pressure, which I have & wasn't mentioned by my doctor or pharmacist.

3/4/2015 5:29:59 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
    My father had been on this for over a year, and like another reviewer mentioned; I feel like he developed an allergy or some other reaction with it. developed lots of itching, red bloodshot eyes, redness and discoloration around the eyes, eyelid crusting and pain.

10/30/2014 9:04:44 PM

Reviewer: W311, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have glaucoma and my dr. Prescribed brimonidine to decrease the pressure in my eyes. Initially the only side effect I had to cope with was DRY mouth. It was uncomfortable but I sucked candy and drunk water repeatedly. However, after using the drops a couple weeks, my blood pressure began to drop even to the point where I almost fainted and had to be taken to ER. Of course this was very scary sin ... Show Full Comment

8/29/2014 10:56:33 AM

Reviewer: helenstone, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I was on Alphagan P for about 6 months and my left leg hurt so much my doctor had me get a cardiogram to see if I had a cardiovascular problem. I checked the Side Effects for this drug on the internet and found that it could cause muscular weakness. I stopped this drug and was given Briminodine about 3 weeks ago. My leg is beginning to feel weak again, like it's going to give out on me. Th ... Show Full Comment