Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Imuran Oral.

4/17/2014 9:48:44 AM

Reviewer: nancy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have had U/C for 15 years, with several bad flareups. Asacol and prednisone did nothing to help, but after 6 months on Imuran I got my first clean colonoscopy in 15 years. I can run without flareups for the first time in more than five years. The only side effect I've noticed is some slight joint pain in my hips, but that could also be my 50 year old body after a long run!

7/30/2011 11:32:47 PM

Reviewer: cindyann, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking 150 mg a day for 15 years. I have been in remission most of the time.This works well for my crohns before I was sick with the crohns all the time and had two resections. BUT I catch everything going have had pneumonia 5 times. And I have my 3rd skin cancer on my face! My last skin cancer I had half my lower eye lid removed and had a skin graft. Now a 3rd one has appeared so off ... Show Full Comment

7/18/2011 8:44:42 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I took Imuran for 12 years for Crohns Disease, when I first started taking it the only bad side effect was lymphoma and thinning hair. Well 5 yrs ago I was diagnoised with skin cancer. Still to this day I am having several lesions of the skin cancer removed from my body. Approx. 20-25 lesions removed so far. The Dr. told me it will never go away but will slow down, after 5 years it hasn't s ... Show Full Comment

7/14/2011 12:00:03 PM

Reviewer: 73chsgroup, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just started on this medication. I am having sweats very bad. I already had pain in my joints. I have seen no help in that area.

6/24/2011 6:28:41 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Acheing all over. Swelling and joint pain of hands, arms and legs