Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of doxylamine succinate oral.

3/29/2014 8:58:07 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Has greatly helped with my ability to go Back to sleep after getting up to go to the bathroom..used to remain awake, staring at the darkness.. If I know I want a full night's sleep I'll take about 1/3 of a tablet...if I don't take it before going to bed and wake up in the night I just take a little "nibble" off of the end and get back to sleep and wake up with no drowsy feeli ... Show Full Comment

3/25/2014 6:17:21 PM

Reviewer: Marty, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I travel a lot to to different time zones around the World and started using this instead of Xanax (which requires a prescription in the USA). It does seem to help me fall asleep quicker. I also take Melatonin which seems to help as well. Only side effect is that I feel sluggish the next day for several hours.

3/3/2014 2:14:51 PM

Reviewer: Ebby, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Was unable to fall asleep. With one 25mg dose, sleep comes readily.

2/20/2014 11:31:28 AM

Reviewer: renee, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more

Comment:
I have used this drug off and on (mostly on) for sleep for many years. When I try to go off of it I get really itchy on my trunk thighs and scalp.This time after 6 days I couldn't take it any more and took 1/2 a pill last night. I plan to shave my dose down to 0.I guess the histamines are nuts after being blocked for so long? I would love to know why though.

2/14/2014 8:25:37 AM

Reviewer: rabbit, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Unisom or Doxylamine succinate is the best sleep aid you will find. Start with 1/2 tablet & that should do it.