Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Valtrex Oral.

8/6/2011 5:05:39 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
the only side affect was headaches

7/25/2011 11:29:51 PM

Reviewer: lifegoeson, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I just posted the same review at HerpesFish.com. The valtrex works extremely well. I figured out that once I find more than three blisters to call before it gets out of control, to the doctor for a refill. Side effects: Headache, nausea, heart burn, nightmares

7/16/2011 7:57:09 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just started taking valacyclovir 500 mg once a day. It works well even though I rarely had breaks out before the meds. Im not sure how long I've had HSV2. The only thing I hate is the stomach pains.

6/2/2011 12:43:25 AM

Reviewer: HerpesFish, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
My first treatment was Valtrex of 1000mg, twice a day for 10 days. Subsequent outbreaks were treated with 500mg of Valtrex for 5 days. This treatment has worked well. Interesting, I posted this story to SingleHerpes.com and got a free month.

2/14/2011 11:52:26 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I'm 65 and have known I had it for the past 7 years. Prior to that I had no symptoms and my husband does not have it. Not sure where I contracted it but probably a prior marriage years ago. It works great. I take it 2 or 3 times a week for maintenance and as long as I do I have no outbreaks. The only side effect I have is occasional night sweats. My doctor said if I take it daily, to sta ... Show Full Comment

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.