Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of benzonatate Oral.

4/5/2014 11:05:07 AM

Reviewer: jhesterj, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took this medicine for a bad viral respiratory infection. It stopped my couth, but, it made me sick to the stomach. I believe it would be better to take with food and possibly limit to two pills per day. My prescription was for 3 per day for 10 days. I stopped before the 10 days because of stomach upset.

4/3/2014 5:55:28 PM

Reviewer: jbryan1962aol.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After having bronchitis for 8 weeks, and also having asthma, taking this drug for 5 days has really helped.

4/2/2014 12:34:16 PM

Reviewer: renee, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was excited hoping that I would be able to sleep without having coughing fits, took my pill before bed, went to lay down 20 minutes later I was up most of the night coughing and could not sleep...Did not work at all it seemed to make my cough worse! I took Nyquil the next night and slept like a baby and barely coughed through the night.

3/31/2014 12:18:11 AM

Reviewer: badmedicine, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this for bronchitis and It worked instantly, till the next dose. My sinuses started draining and my left side of my face and eye swelled up and then my whole face swelled and I had the worse headache I have ever had. Please use caution with this drug.

3/30/2014 10:18:38 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 270 Lbs man and 200 mg of benzonatate made me hallucinate. Especially taking late at night before bed. Confusion and some slight dizziness also occurred.