Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of nitrofurantoin oral.

10/19/2015 9:56:07 AM

Reviewer: Heskin1256, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I've suffered from UTI's for a number of years now, been to nearly every urologist in the south east and have tried nearly every antibiotic on the market, and some of them actually work...until my body builds up some form of resistance and I'm back to sleepless nights and sexless (much to my partners dislike.) Anyway! So 3 days ago now my GP prescribed nitrofurantoin, not one I'd ... Show Full Comment

10/14/2015 12:12:42 PM

Reviewer: jaki12, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Hate taking any meds but this had pretty much no side effects and felt a lot better after first dose. I am on it for 3 days 50mg 4 times a day. I am on day 2 and it has made me feel lots better so far. I took it a few years ago and had the same experience then.

9/11/2015 1:58:05 AM

Reviewer: NonMedUser, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I prescribed 2 times a day 100mg this is the worst drug. I have completed 4 days and it just makes you feel crappy. I think the UTI is going away but you can't tell because the urine is brownish to light red. I won't take it again if prescribed. I am glad I read the reviews because I will call tomorrow to complain to my doctor. Makes me feel like a test subject without volunteering.

8/10/2015 12:41:39 PM

Reviewer: sophieinflorida, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Been taking 5 days so far. While painful urination is improved, it is not completely cleared up. Starting today, I am nauseous, have diarrhea, mild headache, and general malaise.

7/21/2015 12:00:03 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    This is the worst medication I have ever taken. It was prescribed to me last year and I had to stop taking it because of nausea, abdominal pain and diahrea. It was again prescribed to me this year and I didn't realize that it was the same med as last year and took 1 pill at nite and took another this morning. I am so sick to my stomarch, adominal pain, nausea and general malaise. I called ... Show Full Comment