Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Nitrofurantoin Oral.

5/24/2015 3:46:49 AM

Reviewer: Scorpleo, 19-24 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this antibiotic after having been prescribed trimeth sulfa DS (Batrim) because the bactrim was giving me a persistent headache and so far I have to say that the nitrofiratoin is way easier for me to take and I don't believe I've experienced any side effects. UTI seems to be going away, no more pain yay! Barely on day 2 so I have 5 more days to go.

5/17/2015 2:45:37 PM

Reviewer: pinky, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
As the other reviewers have stated..this should never be prescribed. ..it is vicious. I became so, so sick. Hurt all over, chills, prickly felling in legs and arms, headache, dizzy !! I have never had side effects to anything before...DO NOT PUT THIS INTO YOUR BODY !!

5/14/2015 12:46:00 AM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
Severe stomach upset after first dose, nausea, cramps, tired and dizzy...she tried for 3 days and cut down to only 2 times a day... then quit. Terrible medication

5/9/2015 2:22:07 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I felt nauseous and dizzy after taking the first pill. It makes me feel very tired as well. I've taken for 4 days and have decided to stop. It definitely works to clear up the UTI, as I don't have burning anymore but the side effects are horrible.

4/29/2015 3:07:21 PM

Reviewer: Suffering, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I'm not even sure exactly what type of UTI I have, but at the ER they told me I had a UTI (no symptoms). I went in after all night vomiting and diarrhea/dehydration and after tests was told about the UTI. I'm taking an anti-nausea med and this. I figured the continued nausea I've been having is related to my original problem, but decided to look online first before heading back to ER ... Show Full Comment

Does your kid have symptoms?