Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of nitrofurantoin oral.

7/6/2016 2:40:35 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Horrible medication, side effects are worse than UTI. I should of done my research before taking it.

6/8/2016 7:44:02 AM

Reviewer: Speedy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Took only one capsule due to the time of day they were prescribed , the infection was bad enough but this medication is the devil I had the worst night I have had in years fever / nausea / aches you name it .

5/22/2016 6:17:25 PM

Reviewer: KarenH., 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Not sure why this has so much bad reviews. I have chronic UTIs for about 4 years. This drug has always helped me. I used to wait a couple days and the UTI would get worse before I took the antibiotic, and it would relieve it by the 3rd day. I felt fine. I know now when I'm going to have it, and I drink a lot of water and coco juice. If it doesn't help, I call my doctor immediately so that ... Show Full Comment

5/22/2016 12:51:23 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I would NEVER take this drug again, period! The side effects of chills, fever, nauseousness were worse than any flu I have ever had. I have had four previous U T I ,s and was prescribed different medications, the last two being Cipro, which were all effective but with no adverse side effects.

5/17/2016 12:21:28 PM

Reviewer: geauxtigers, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    It cleared up my UTI temporarily but while I was taking the medication I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I was achey, woozy, exhausted, nauseous, and I had trouble concentrating. It was horrible. I have never experienced any of these side effects from other antibiotics and to add insult to injury, a week and a half after stopping, the UTI was back. Never taking this medication again.

handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.