Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of nitrofurantoin Oral.

2/10/2015 6:12:26 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had somewhat asymptomatic UTI--no pain, but frequent urination and blood in urine. Took second pill today, late in the afternoon with a light meal. This evening I still feel fine and relieved that the bleeding has stopped. The instructions provided to me were to take the capsule once a day (no particular time was specified) with food or milk. I am making sure to stay hydrated as well.

1/7/2015 8:53:49 AM

Reviewer: Kmw013192, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am pregnant and formed a horrible Urinary Tract Infection. The pain became almost unbearable. I couldn't really do anything but lay around. I took this medication for about 3 days. The pain is completely gone and I no longer have any burning when I use the restroom. The only side effect that I had was that it turned my pee into a dark yellow almost orange color. I used this medication as rec ... Show Full Comment

12/30/2014 5:08:02 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female (Caregiver)

Comment:
My mother nearly died yesterday from taking this stupid drug. she had an allergic reaction which saw her go into anafalactic (sp) shock. Living out of town took the ambulance over a half hour to reach her and she was already feeling like she was going to die. Doctors just released her saying she was a very lucky lady to have survived...She will be on natural remedies from now on!!!!!!!

12/16/2014 8:37:45 AM

Reviewer: emilkyway, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It cleared up my infection perfectly, however it did make me vomit a few times, I often had horrible headaches and.. as much as i hate to admit, a little gas!! I farted lots! :(

11/22/2014 1:00:33 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took one pill of this 100 mg, it never reduced my fever and gave me a severe headache. I had taken it with food and am drinking plenty of water. I stopped after that one pill and read the reviews online, so won't take this med again. I plan to tell the doctor monday never to put anyone on this. I will report this to the FDA, since the company did not test this enough before releasing the dru ... Show Full Comment

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver