Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levothyroxine Oral.

4/24/2015 1:16:34 PM

Reviewer: TLG, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I'm taking 100 mcg for over a year now and I'm still feeling tired and foggy headed. I've gone back to working out which seems to help a bit but I have not lost any weight. I'm not taking it to lose weight by any means but I was hoping since I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, the medication would help boost my metabolism and give me more energy. I may have to go back addtl tests. ... Show Full Comment

4/16/2015 3:06:59 PM

Reviewer: priley, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been treated since I was 21 for thyroid issues at first it was hyperthyroid now after menopause it is hypothyroid. Medicine was off and I gained 30 pounds the doctor had to do a full panel blood work. I am on 125mcg. I am no longer gaining weight but have not lost any. From my previous experience with this medication. It does take a while for your body to balance out. You have to be patien ... Show Full Comment

4/9/2015 10:34:03 AM

Reviewer: mimie , 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking levothyroxine for 2 months now. The first couple of weeks I felt great I quite loosing hair didn't feel fatigued nor bloated. Then I started to loose hair again. The doctor uped my dose 25mg to 75mg. Im still feeling bloated I am even more tired my ankles are still swollen and I have not lost 1 single pound. I am loosing hair by the hand fulls.

3/25/2015 11:47:01 PM

Reviewer: Fawn, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am 77 years of age and had become increasingly more tired and fatigued. I thought it was due to my age. Since on this medication I am NOT tired, depressed or fatigued. It has done wonders for me and I feel it has given me new life.

3/24/2015 10:30:37 PM

Reviewer: Shamjam, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Have been on this med for 9 mos. Have gained weight and am so tired all the time. Also, shortness of breath.

Does your kid have symptoms?